Strategic planning encompasses all areas of the business and is a detailed analysis that all business need to carry out regularly. Once a full strategic planning session has been completed then it is simple to review the resulting action plan list and update the direction and key areas of the business on an annual basis.
We use an advanced business analysis tool designed to assist in conducting a planning session for a small business using an electronic Business Development Questionnaire. We then produce , a “sizzling” report and action steps from:
Taking you through a series of critical questions about your business
- Performing a SWOT analysis, identifying the major strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats impacting your business
- Producing an interactive PowerPoint presentation that graphically illustrates your current business condition, and the actions that can be taken to address deficiencies
- Developing an action plan based directly on the needs of your business
This process involves two phases:
- The first is the data gathering and analysis stage, in which we gather information about your business and your external environment. The major work step in this stage is a Diagnostic Workshop. This is for shareholders and directors of the business and is usually held over 2 sessions. At the conclusion of this Workshop we review the data gathered and prepare a diagnostic report for your consideration that assesses the current position of your business
- The second phase is the Planning Workshop is reviewing the diagnostic report that came out of Phase 1. We will use this report and work with you to identify the various action steps that will form your implementation plan.
Once the appropriate action steps have been determined we will continue to work with you to set priorities, allocate resources, and establish how progress can be monitored as the plan for you is rolled out.
Contact us for if you wish to discuss further.